WFM employees are taught to 'engage the customer with light banter." You'll notice the cashiers usually say inane things like..so, got big plans for the day...?

There is a hidden agenda behind the "friendly" behavior, and it is the oldest *** in the book. It's distraction. If you care about money you spend, the friendly cashiering is really distracting you from the prices that ring up. I have caught WFM SEVERAL times, ringing up the wrong price - NEVER in my favor.

Let me tell you, there is no apology from them.

They hate being exposed for it.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of register checkout from Whole Foods Market. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Whole Foods Market to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Whole Foods Market for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Whole Foods Market?

Comments

Want to know the reason for this?Secret shops.

It's required that they do that if they want to get 100% on a secret shop.

If they they 100% on a secret shop, they get a free gift card.

Most people don't do this, because all it does is delay lines and *** off the people waiting.

I have only shopped WF over the last year in St.Louis, MO.

Same thing, distracting banter. Can't prove it but think checkout scale over weighs.

I stopped shopping there and now get bulk items from Dierbergs.Same brand, much lower price.