280 views
Verified Reviewer

4.0

I am hopeful that you will take advantage of the opportunity to be a LEADER in the retail industry by offering designated shopping hours for those who cannot wear a mask.

You have offered special shopping hours for seniors and disabled since early on during this unusual circumstance and we have patronized your store because of this.

Curbside shopping or instacart delivery is not fair and equal access, because there is an additional cost, and I ma not able to browse and look for new items and experience an enjoyable shopping experience.

Offering designated shopping hours for those who cannot wear a mask creates reasonable accommodations (as required by federal, state and local laws) and benefits your business.

Whole Foods will be recognized as a powerful community leader in creating a fair, just and equitable shopping experience for all your patrons in this way:

1. Shoppers who can’t wear a mask can shop in comfort and confidence — free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation (which violate federal and state civil rights laws)

Associates will not need to spend time checking to see if shoppers need to “wear a mask”

3. Shoppers who want to wear a mask can shop during certain hours in comfort and confidence without being threatened by those without a mask

4. Further, ASSOCIATES who cannot wear a mask could be assigned to work those hours.

This demonstrates YOUR commitment to your ETHICS and COMPLIANCE for NON-DISCRIMINATION policies

6. Your business can avoid costly and embarrassing discrimination lawsuits

I look forward to an enjoyable shopping experience!

Sincerely,

Karen McFarland

User's recommendation: Write your letter to Whole Foods if you too would like the opportunity to shop mask free without discrimation.

Preferred solution: Establish designated hours for shopping mask free...I have shopped and supported you for 25+ years and appreciate your efforts in supporting your customers..

Whole Foods Market Pros: Quality & diversity of products and many locations.

Comments

I totally agree with this statement.

Dear whole foods I have been shopping in your store for 25 years and I am so proud of you for standing your ground and not allowing those who do not care about others and refuse to wear a mask not in your stores. Thank you.

@PissedConsumer1895714

The problem with your statement is that it comes off emotional - insulting and accusatory - “those who do not care about others,” . We are asking for fair and just treatment, with preferred shopping hours, and you are more than welcome to stay home or outside with your mask on.

Never said you didn’t have to wear it. How funny you think discrimination is “standing ground.” Plus you don’t know me, what I do in life, my health condition, and I happen to care for people for a living, which completely dissolved this idea you have that non-mask wearers don’t care about others.

As I said, an accusatory and insulting generality. WF do what is right and just, set an example, and abide BY THE LAW, don’t discriminate against your customers.

Irena S
#1900467
@PissedConsumer1896888

Thank you!

I find it hilarious that your name is Karen and your putting peggy's letter on here. No mask no shopping!

@PissedConsumer1895708

She's SPAMMING for Peggy. Can't think for herself.

Yaaaas!!! Treat me with dignity pleaseOffer survey for time preferences too please. Thank you

I whole heartedly agree.

Who would want to help you?

Whole Foods Market Reviews