Whole Foods Market - Severe Burn from Whole Foods Tea Tree Oil

Whole Foods Market, Inc

550 Bowie Street

Austin Texas 78703-4644

Dear Whole Foods,

On or about, January 2016, I purchased a bottle of Tea Tree essential oil from Whole Foods in Oakland.

I have used essential oils for years with no complications.

I used the oil as I normally do, and applied a small amount to my underarms. The oil caused severe painful and disfiguring burns to my underarms. Due to the pain and the fact the burns have not healed I had to see a doctor on April 1, 2016. The physician examined me and said I had suffered a severe burn caused by the oil.

As of this date, the burn and pain still has not healed.

I enclose pictures of the burns and the bottle of oil that I purchased.

I am asking for reasonable compensation for my pain, suffering, disfigurement and medical expenses.

This letter is an attempt to seek a fair resolution of my damages caused by your product without resort to legal process.

I cannot wear tank tops or clothing that shows this disfigurement due to embarrassment. I am forced to cover my arms while working out and swimming due to the stigma and embarrassment from this disfigurement.

I look forward to hearing from you in the spirit of seeking of a fair resolution of my claim.

Sincerely,

Rachel Roth

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Tea Tree Oil
Review category
Food Stores
review #827252

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whole Foods Market? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
17 of 65 Whole Foods Market reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 11 #1142999

You clearly failed to dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil. Your so-called disfigurement and embarrassment is entirely your own fault. Whole Foods does not owe you a dime.

1 1 Reply
rollo2016

Apr 10 #1142419

Ah! Another believer in the "healing power" of essential oils. I assume you rubbed tea tree oil over some parts of your body as a massage oil in order to obtain some sort of benefit. Most essential oils are harmless---as well as pretty useless---it's all in your head---but pure tea tree oil can, indeed cause burns when used full strength. This is no secret and there are warnings on many sites about using it full strength and/or discontinuing use if you have any reaction to it. I use tea tree oil for some things, mainly as an antiseptic but never full strength as it is strong stuff, indeed. The inflammation you experienced will go away with time---a few days or so. Just wash the inflamed area with a mild soap like Ivory and then put some hand cream or such on the area to moisturize it a couple of times a day. You'll survive.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Whole Foods Market. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Whole Foods Market.
Filing a new complaint about
×