On August 7th, 2015 at 8 p.m.in the Whole Foods Market of Midtown East, New York City, the rude cashier lady Lynette throw the shopping basket from the counter to the floor because she was having a bad day.
It happened when I placed my shopping basket on the counter, and she said to me :" next time make sure take everything out from the basket, because there is not enough rooms." I did not know what to reply, because this is the first time ever I've been told to take the stuff out of the basket, and the reason was there isn't enough rooms. I was trying to make her life easier, by letting everything stay inside the basket because there isn't enough rooms for that much stuff. As I stayed silent for not knowing what to say, she looked at me and said :" Did you hear what I told you? take everything out of the basket." I did not want to argue anything, so I didn't say a word back.
Then the shocking incident happened as soon as she finished scanning my product, she throw the basket to the floor, and I am not exaggerating. So I asked her :"Excuse me, did you do that on purpose?" Whats even more shocking, she replied :"Yes, because you ignored me." And wow I am experiencing this at Whole Foods, I just couldn't believe it. So I said to her I wanna see the manager, and she replied to me if you wanna see the manager you can go to the customer service yourself, while the manager Calcine is just right there. As I demanded she called the manager over, and I explained what just happened to him.
Here comes another surprise, he said to me :" we are allowed to throw basket to the floor." So I questioned him that if he meant this is okay? Then he said I'm not saying it is okay I'll just have to check the camera. He stood there look at me as if what is my problem, things are the way it is, and why am I causing a scene. Feeling ridiculous, I left the store, and on the way out I finally meet a nice old man who also works there, he told me that I should definitely file a complain for what I have experienced.
If wasn't because of the old man, I was not sure if Whole Foods still remain any hiring qualification. Lynette's attitude is a normal experience from any of the street crazy lady in NYC, but that happened in Whole Foods. I hope you could resolve this issue by giving them a lesson.
It is very unbelievable for such experience happening at Whole Foods.Very depressing!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Whole Foods Market Checkout
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever..."
- "I will just say anonymously that Publix in Florida will give out tons of food to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for "poor" people (read that as people ALREADY getting..."
- "I have seen more and more dogs being allowed to come in to Publix. They have been allowed to sit on counters at the Deli, Customer Service counter, as well..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "I know you came here to let your anger out and probably will ignore my review and favor those who are writing in anger it is ok I did not..."
- "The worst customer service I've experienced in years, but that matches the quality of the product. I wanted a decent wig to wear on bad hair days. I could have..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."