On August 7th, 2015 at 8 p.m.in the Whole Foods Market of Midtown East, New York City, the rude cashier lady Lynette throw the shopping basket from the counter to the floor because she was having a bad day.
It happened when I placed my shopping basket on the counter, and she said to me :" next time make sure take everything out from the basket, because there is not enough rooms." I did not know what to reply, because this is the first time ever I've been told to take the stuff out of the basket, and the reason was there isn't enough rooms. I was trying to make her life easier, by letting everything stay inside the basket because there isn't enough rooms for that much stuff. As I stayed silent for not knowing what to say, she looked at me and said :" Did you hear what I told you? take everything out of the basket." I did not want to argue anything, so I didn't say a word back.
Then the shocking incident happened as soon as she finished scanning my product, she throw the basket to the floor, and I am not exaggerating. So I asked her :"Excuse me, did you do that on purpose?" Whats even more shocking, she replied :"Yes, because you ignored me." And wow I am experiencing this at Whole Foods, I just couldn't believe it. So I said to her I wanna see the manager, and she replied to me if you wanna see the manager you can go to the customer service yourself, while the manager Calcine is just right there. As I demanded she called the manager over, and I explained what just happened to him.
Here comes another surprise, he said to me :" we are allowed to throw basket to the floor." So I questioned him that if he meant this is okay? Then he said I'm not saying it is okay I'll just have to check the camera. He stood there look at me as if what is my problem, things are the way it is, and why am I causing a scene. Feeling ridiculous, I left the store, and on the way out I finally meet a nice old man who also works there, he told me that I should definitely file a complain for what I have experienced.
If wasn't because of the old man, I was not sure if Whole Foods still remain any hiring qualification. Lynette's attitude is a normal experience from any of the street crazy lady in NYC, but that happened in Whole Foods. I hope you could resolve this issue by giving them a lesson.
It is very unbelievable for such experience happening at Whole Foods.Very depressing!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Whole Foods Market Checkout
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went..."
- "(I wrote this to Panera a week ago and never received a response back from them) I love panera especially the asiago roast beef and the chicken soup. Today when..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I took my Coach purse to the store in Atlantic City on the 21st of April, 2016. The store manager (Janelle) took one look at the strap and said..."
- "In March I had a shockingly bad MegaBus experience on various levels, and I've heard of similar from friends. When I got home that night, I wrote a review..."
- "If you are building a website for the first time, then it's likely that you are unaware of everything your website will actually require to be worth anything. I don't know..."