Whole Foods Market - Aggressive and Disgrunteled Deli Employee
My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went over to the deli department to grab some chicken. There were 3 employees there and I was the second out of three customers to be helped. After a few moments, I realized one male worker, in particular, was moving quite slowly. He was not doing anything while the other two employees were busy grabbing items and slicing food. I then watched as he finally helped the man that came after me, even after looking at me and ignoring me. I was a little shocked but I decided to wait until the man that came after me was helped and not say anything.
About 10 minutes passed before the worker, who helped the other man, cam back around to me. I was in quite a hurry and I told him I needed 8 chicken *** and some other items from the end. As I walked over to the end I realized he was not following me. My husband was looking at the guy bewildered and then said "I'm sorry but we are in a hurry and have been here a while waiting to be helped, can you please grab us the chicken" The worker then said if we had a problem we should have said something and that we "don't know how to say something."
My husband and I were utterly shocked by this and I began to feel his aggression. I then said, "please, we don't have time to argue please grab the chicken so that we may check out." He then continued to argue and comment that if we felt we were first we should have spoken up. After his tirade, he then yanked off his gloves, threw the on the counter, and walked away without getting us our food. I was quite appalled and I asked for a manager from another employee. The manager came over to apologize to my husband and I and he helped us with our order. I then asked for the young man's name that treated us so rudely but the manager said he cannot give out names. He said to reference his name, Steven Green, when filing the complaint.
Again this incident occurred around 10am this morning (July 18th) in the deli department at the Callowhill location in Philadelphia. I would like to add that I'm sure this young man is going through quite a lot more than I'm aware of since it's just not normal to get so upset at serving customers their orders.
But I do feel like the tension was palpable and quite intimidating to be around such aggression. I don't think I would feel comfortable returning to that department again. Any employee that's willing to get so aggressive with a customer is definitely not worth keeping around. Zero customer service.
I was able to grab a photo of him however. See attached. Avoid this man at all costs.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Layout of Store|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude of the guy in the deli department
You May Also Like
- "I should have figured something like this would happen at this Kroger. I ordered a cake with my son who turned 13. He wanted a tropical theme with water/ocean and..."
- "We bought a package of white chocolate and macadamia nuts cookie from Artisan bakery inside the Stater Bros on Adams and Brookhurst in huntington beach California. To our surprise,..."
- "To Whom it may concern, I have been buying from my local Safeway since they opened up here in Kingman for many years. The staff is very nice, so I do..."
- "Ingram united presbyterian church in Pittsburgh pa has robbed me of items that was donated to them for me and paster aaron even called to tell me the..."
- "Hi my name is Autumn and I've been smoking these for two years this morning I went and bought a pack but when I opened it I noticed one was..."
- "Lending Club - HORRIBLE Investment Do not believe the bull *** LC posts on its site about 99.8% of investors getting a positive return. It's all a big F'n scam I..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."