Whole Foods Market - Aggressive and Disgrunteled Deli Employee

My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went over to the deli department to grab some chicken. There were 3 employees there and I was the second out of three customers to be helped. After a few moments, I realized one male worker, in particular, was moving quite slowly. He was not doing anything while the other two employees were busy grabbing items and slicing food. I then watched as he finally helped the man that came after me, even after looking at me and ignoring me. I was a little shocked but I decided to wait until the man that came after me was helped and not say anything.

About 10 minutes passed before the worker, who helped the other man, cam back around to me. I was in quite a hurry and I told him I needed 8 chicken *** and some other items from the end. As I walked over to the end I realized he was not following me. My husband was looking at the guy bewildered and then said "I'm sorry but we are in a hurry and have been here a while waiting to be helped, can you please grab us the chicken" The worker then said if we had a problem we should have said something and that we "don't know how to say something."

My husband and I were utterly shocked by this and I began to feel his aggression. I then said, "please, we don't have time to argue please grab the chicken so that we may check out." He then continued to argue and comment that if we felt we were first we should have spoken up. After his tirade, he then yanked off his gloves, threw the on the counter, and walked away without getting us our food. I was quite appalled and I asked for a manager from another employee. The manager came over to apologize to my husband and I and he helped us with our order. I then asked for the young man's name that treated us so rudely but the manager said he cannot give out names. He said to reference his name, Steven Green, when filing the complaint.

Again this incident occurred around 10am this morning (July 18th) in the deli department at the Callowhill location in Philadelphia. I would like to add that I'm sure this young man is going through quite a lot more than I'm aware of since it's just not normal to get so upset at serving customers their orders.

But I do feel like the tension was palpable and quite intimidating to be around such aggression. I don't think I would feel comfortable returning to that department again. Any employee that's willing to get so aggressive with a customer is definitely not worth keeping around. Zero customer service.

I was able to grab a photo of him however. See attached. Avoid this man at all costs.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Layout of Store

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Attitude of the guy in the deli department

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Employee to be put on leave/fired
Product or service
Whole Foods Deli
Review category
Food Stores
review #884468 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Whole Foods Market? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 18 #1186655 Bucharest, Bucharest

Sounds like your husband's comments put him on the defensive.

1 1 Reply

Jul 18 #1186807 Lemont, Illinois

Oh Pa-Leeeeeese !!! This guy is obviously lazy & should NOT be employed !!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.