Whole Foods Market - Aggressive and Disgrunteled Deli Employee
My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went over to the deli department to grab some chicken. There were 3 employees there and I was the second out of three customers to be helped. After a few moments, I realized one male worker, in particular, was moving quite slowly. He was not doing anything while the other two employees were busy grabbing items and slicing food. I then watched as he finally helped the man that came after me, even after looking at me and ignoring me. I was a little shocked but I decided to wait until the man that came after me was helped and not say anything.
About 10 minutes passed before the worker, who helped the other man, cam back around to me. I was in quite a hurry and I told him I needed 8 chicken *** and some other items from the end. As I walked over to the end I realized he was not following me. My husband was looking at the guy bewildered and then said "I'm sorry but we are in a hurry and have been here a while waiting to be helped, can you please grab us the chicken" The worker then said if we had a problem we should have said something and that we "don't know how to say something."
My husband and I were utterly shocked by this and I began to feel his aggression. I then said, "please, we don't have time to argue please grab the chicken so that we may check out." He then continued to argue and comment that if we felt we were first we should have spoken up. After his tirade, he then yanked off his gloves, threw the on the counter, and walked away without getting us our food. I was quite appalled and I asked for a manager from another employee. The manager came over to apologize to my husband and I and he helped us with our order. I then asked for the young man's name that treated us so rudely but the manager said he cannot give out names. He said to reference his name, Steven Green, when filing the complaint.
Again this incident occurred around 10am this morning (July 18th) in the deli department at the Callowhill location in Philadelphia. I would like to add that I'm sure this young man is going through quite a lot more than I'm aware of since it's just not normal to get so upset at serving customers their orders.
But I do feel like the tension was palpable and quite intimidating to be around such aggression. I don't think I would feel comfortable returning to that department again. Any employee that's willing to get so aggressive with a customer is definitely not worth keeping around. Zero customer service.
I was able to grab a photo of him however. See attached. Avoid this man at all costs.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude of the guy in the deli department
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***. I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3..."
- "Deli employees get real mad when you request "thin sliced" meats n cheeses. First let me add, you need to ensure the SLICERS are clean.. Port Richey, FL is terrible..."
- "(I wrote this to Panera a week ago and never received a response back from them) I love panera especially the asiago roast beef and the chicken soup. Today when..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "908-561-8300 UPS South Plainfield, NJ I have 7 chairs taken to this store to be packed and shipped to me before Christmas and I still have not received them worst..."
- "I'm an avid seller of designer purses and Shoes. Over the past 3 months, I've sold 11,000$ worth of purses with them. Clearly, my items are very high end and..."
- "I recently purchased a 2016 Sunset Trail Ultra Lite 320BH at the Hershey show in September of 2015. I did not receive my unit until the end of October and..."
- "My mother purchased Samsung Frig model RS22HDHPNSR/AA on back in June of this year from hhgregg. It is now October and the unit is as dead as the proverbial..."