My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went over to the deli department to grab some chicken. There were 3 employees there and I was the second out of three customers to be helped. After a few moments, I realized one male worker, in particular, was moving quite slowly. He was not doing anything while the other two employees were busy grabbing items and slicing food. I then watched as he finally helped the man that came after me, even after looking at me and ignoring me. I was a little shocked but I decided to wait until the man that came after me was helped and not say anything.
About 10 minutes passed before the worker, who helped the other man, cam back around to me. I was in quite a hurry and I told him I needed 8 chicken *** and some other items from the end. As I walked over to the end I realized he was not following me. My husband was looking at the guy bewildered and then said "I'm sorry but we are in a hurry and have been here a while waiting to be helped, can you please grab us the chicken" The worker then said if we had a problem we should have said something and that we "don't know how to say something."
My husband and I were utterly shocked by this and I began to feel his aggression. I then said, "please, we don't have time to argue please grab the chicken so that we may check out." He then continued to argue and comment that if we felt we were first we should have spoken up. After his tirade, he then yanked off his gloves, threw the on the counter, and walked away without getting us our food. I was quite appalled and I asked for a manager from another employee. The manager came over to apologize to my husband and I and he helped us with our order. I then asked for the young man's name that treated us so rudely but the manager said he cannot give out names. He said to reference his name, Steven Green, when filing the complaint.
Again this incident occurred around 10am this morning (July 18th) in the deli department at the Callowhill location in Philadelphia. I would like to add that I'm sure this young man is going through quite a lot more than I'm aware of since it's just not normal to get so upset at serving customers their orders.
But I do feel like the tension was palpable and quite intimidating to be around such aggression. I don't think I would feel comfortable returning to that department again. Any employee that's willing to get so aggressive with a customer is definitely not worth keeping around. Zero customer service.
I was able to grab a photo of him however. See attached. Avoid this man at all costs.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude of the guy in the deli department
You May Also Like
- "I volunteer at a youth center in Los Angeles.(Need I say more? They have nothing. Nothing.)I tried to buy Boo-Berry cereal that was marked down. I take 3 buses to..."
- "My husband went to Wawa on Limestone Rd in Wilmington to get me a Roast beef Ciabatta for dinner at work since I work 11p-7am. I get to work and..."
- "Biught this buffalo chicken flat bread on hwy 60 in lakewales,fl. Two small pieces of chicken only green onion and sauce what a rip-OFF... IF THEY SELL IT LIKE..."
- "I am a disabled. I need help. I have direct deposit. Woodforest has Stolen my money. Someone made Electonical Inquiries, Later withdrawing my money not later after my..."
- "Recently, I read an article on a new Philly rapper creating a loyal following in his neighborhood (congrats!) on a upcoming artist website. It was very briefâ€”literally seven sentencesâ€”but the..."
- "My mother purchased Samsung Frig model RS22HDHPNSR/AA on back in June of this year from hhgregg. It is now October and the unit is as dead as the proverbial..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."