1.8
Layout of Store

My husband and I were making our weekly trip to Whole Foods at the same location we shop at each Monday. As we were wrapping up our shopping, I went over to the deli department to grab some chicken. There were 3 employees there and I was the second out of three customers to be helped. After a few moments, I realized one male worker, in particular, was moving quite slowly. He was not doing anything while the other two employees were busy grabbing items and slicing food. I then watched as he finally helped the man that came after me, even after looking at me and ignoring me. I was a little shocked but I decided to wait until the man that came after me was helped and not say anything.

About 10 minutes passed before the worker, who helped the other man, cam back around to me. I was in quite a hurry and I told him I needed 8 chicken *** and some other items from the end. As I walked over to the end I realized he was not following me. My husband was looking at the guy bewildered and then said "I'm sorry but we are in a hurry and have been here a while waiting to be helped, can you please grab us the chicken" The worker then said if we had a problem we should have said something and that we "don't know how to say something."

My husband and I were utterly shocked by this and I began to feel his aggression. I then said, "please, we don't have time to argue please grab the chicken so that we may check out." He then continued to argue and comment that if we felt we were first we should have spoken up. After his tirade, he then yanked off his gloves, threw the on the counter, and walked away without getting us our food. I was quite appalled and I asked for a manager from another employee. The manager came over to apologize to my husband and I and he helped us with our order. I then asked for the young man's name that treated us so rudely but the manager said he cannot give out names. He said to reference his name, Steven Green, when filing the complaint.

Again this incident occurred around 10am this morning (July 18th) in the deli department at the Callowhill location in Philadelphia. I would like to add that I'm sure this young man is going through quite a lot more than I'm aware of since it's just not normal to get so upset at serving customers their orders.

But I do feel like the tension was palpable and quite intimidating to be around such aggression. I don't think I would feel comfortable returning to that department again. Any employee that's willing to get so aggressive with a customer is definitely not worth keeping around. Zero customer service.

I was able to grab a photo of him however. See attached. Avoid this man at all costs.

ashleym26 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Whole Foods Market and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Whole Foods Market to "employee to be put on leave/fired".

The most disappointing in user's experience was attitude of the guy in the deli department. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Whole Foods Market and whole foods market customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Whole Foods Market?

Comments

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania #1186655

Sounds like your husband's comments put him on the defensive.

to Anonymous Lemont, Illinois, United States #1186807

Oh Pa-Leeeeeese !!! This guy is obviously lazy & should NOT be employed !!