Filter by rating :
filters
On March 10th I was in the P Street store in NW Washington DC and will simply summarize my experience by saying it is the last time I will go into this Whole Foods or any other. The store was so poorly stocked it was ridiculous, standing water all over the floor in...

Never had a problem at any Whole Foods with customer service/cleanliness/stocked shelves. The one in Buckhead Atlanta is particularly awesome. I will say this: if you do have a problem with an individual store, Corporate will tell you directly and smugly that they allow each store to operate as it's own entity, to which a friend of mine who actually had a customer service problem, begged the question "then what is the point of having a Corporate office"?

Whole Foods Market Manager
Our local TV stations ran comparison prices on all major local food stores. Whole Foods has the highest prices of all. And so many people are now avoiding the Edina, MN Whole Foods, because the store employees are so rude. It is not a pleasant shopping experience....

They do not help anyone . They suck and don't care .

Never get any answers from them. From oak hills ca .

They do not know what they are doing to the people that want to work with them.no help from them they suck.

Toni

Review
Benjamin Auerbach and his filthy-mouthed staff are attacking, slandering, threatening and abusing senior citizens in the Edina, MN Whole Foods. If we eat a sample from the free samples that they put out, they immediately yell at us, saying that we are "stealing" the...

We are wondering just who the women-hating *** men are who prowl around the store harassing women shoppers. They have been busy stalking Whole Foods Edina shoppers ever since the store opened.

It is unsafe to shop there.

The store manager surely knows who they are, but does absolutely nothing to protect women shoppers. And beware the dishonest cashiers.

Tanishka

Sounds like an awesome story :grin

"Then they yelled filth and abuse at us as we were walking out as well!" What abuse occurred?! Did they beat you about the head with a gluten free baguette whilst yelling obscenities at you?!?

Sounds traumatic! :cry

I received a nice American Express gift card for my 75th birthday, and went to the Edina, MN Whole Foods store to select food and gift items. While browsing to find items I really liked, male store employees began stalking me, calling me filthy names, and telling me not to shop at their store or ever come back.

Such uncivilized perverts on Whole Foods' payroll are extremely poor business. I spent my gift card elsewhere and will never buy anything at Whole Foods.

@Senior Citizen

If you are going to write fake comments, at least change them up. You wrote basically the same comment on February 6.

Get over being fired.

Move on. No one believes your ***.

@Lou

The prices are ridiculously high, the store employees are rude and abusive, and the food is less than fresh. The fish actually smells so rotten when we get it home, that we must throw it away. Poor business all the way around.

The black woman cashier who cheats, short-changes, insults and overcharges every white woman should be arrested and jailed. Benjamin Auerbach should not have such dishonest store employees working there.

The Edina, MN Whole Foods store does have outrageously high prices, and the food quality is no better--and sometimes much worse--than Cub or Rainbow. Store employees seem to do nothing but wander around the store sneering at customers.

Bad business practice, Whole Foods. We do not like your Edina, MN store and will not spend another dollar there.

This is ridiculous. I have shopped at many Whole Foods and never seen anything like this. Here's why I know it's bogus: Most people I know would drop a rude store clerk with one punch if they ever tried anything like that.

@Anonymous

You are ridiculous. Decent human beings do not "punch" anyone.

@JillP

Say something rude to me and find out.

I think Benjamin Auerbach promised not to come in someone's mouth and then did just that and whomever the recipient of the free protein shake was is now just trying to payback in any way possible. :grin

@FreeFacialsJustOpenWide

You are a ***.

@Joel

I am sorry you and Benjy are no longer lovers, Joel.

Next time just spit.

@FreeFacialsJustOpenWide

You are disgusting.

Poor customer relations, poor customer service, bad business practices in the Edina, MN store. Edina has a large population of senior citizens who are not spending their money at Whole foods because of the bad atmosphere.

He's angry, and rightly so, in our opinion. We have seen that type of abuse ourselves, and have an example on our cell phone.

The unattended clear-domed sample holders with tongs are all over the store.

And we saw an elderly man help himself to a sample, and a store employee dashed right up behind him, snarled mean things at him, and he nearly had a heart attack from the shock and fright. To see a young man shock and abuse an elderly man old enough to be his grandfather is just plain terrible.

Harassment and abuse are so common in the store that nobody but the employees/harassers themselves dispute it.

The employees are bullies, plain and simple. They harass others besides seniors, but employees clearly like to insult and offend people 40+ years older the most.

The store manager is at fault for allowing and condoning bad behavior on the part of his employees.

Whole Foods in Edina, MN is steadily losing customers and their money, bottom line.

Pretty outrageous complaint I think... smells like the fish from the market that sits out all day.

@anonymous

The fish in the Edina, MN Whole Foods store does smell bad, tastes bad, and it is obviously old and should not be sold. Much of the produce is borderline spoied as well. And that is because Benjamin Auerbach and his crew drive customers away before they buy anything.

Auerbach, whom they say came here from Wisconsin, clearly does not want Minnesota customers to buy Whole Foods products.

Well, guess what. We Minnesotans do not want Auerbach, the trouble-maker, here in Minnesota!

I think there is a lot of detail missing from this complaint, as it is over the top. People who give out samples have no concern about an adult's age, they are just doing their job, trying to push a product. The first two postings supporting this complaint are no doubt written by the OP and I don't believe a word of anything the OP or "two supporters" have written.

@SalvatoreT

Look at the thousands (3,040) of customer complaints on the Internet about Whole Foods. You don't know what you're talking about. The unattended clear dome-top sample stands with tongs are all over the stores.

Many people are complaining all over the Internet that store employees "ambush" and harass customers if they take more than one tiny cube of cheese or one small piece of anything else.

How can customers even tell if they like a sample and want to buy something if they cannot get enough of a taste to know what it tastes like. What gall those ignorant store employees have. Driving paying customers away with their street-slum-*** behavior is hurting Whole Foods.

Over 3,040 customer complaints about Whole Foods across the country show just what kind of troublemakers Whole Foods hires.

Yea I call bullpucky on the complaint and the responders. Probably a fired employee now looking to be sued for slander.

@Lou

You are one of the low-acting store employees, apparently. Slum talk just like the employees.

Thousands of customer complaints on the Internet. Check them out.

@Anonymous

Lou is one of the store bullies, obviously. Look at all the thousands of complaints against Whole Foods on the Internet. Customer abuse and harassment happen constantly in Whole Foods.

And when they get so many complaints about a store manager, they just transfer him elsewhere before he gets arrested.

I would be willing to bet that the person that wrote the complaint either responded to it twice or the two respondents are in cahoots with the complainant, being they were all posted one hour ago. I would need absolute proof that the employees are accusing the people that help themselves to a sample are stealing the samples.

It is just plain *** to even accuse the employees of doing that. IF you are actually a senior citizen, there is something wrong with you and your cohorts to be making inflammatory remarks about the employees.

Unless you can absolutely prove these accusations you could get yourself in trouble for slander. In the meantime, maybe you should get back on your meds.

@anonymous

You are obviously a store employee and one of the abusers. You are being videotaped.

@anonymous

anonymous, you are a store employee who abuses seniors and other customers. That is apparent.

Your own words prove you have a bad attitude toward seniors. Thousands of complaints against Whole Foods employees misconduct prove you and your cohorts are committing harassment and abuse in Whole Foods, and Whole Foods managers encourage it.

Well, video recording proves it. Shame on you all.

We hope you abuse undercover police and get arrested. It's just a matter of time and the class action lawsuit will be filed and all of your misconduct will be publicly aired.

We, too, are appalled by the rudeness and downright nastiness of store employees in the Edina Whole Foods. There is a tall, thin man of probably mid 30s who actively goes around the store calling women filthy names and telling them to "get out and stay out" of the store.

What on earth??

Why does Whole Foods allow male employees to stalk women customers?

Needless to say, we will not shop at Whole Foods anymore. We will spend our money where we are treated with respect and dignity.

Agreed, the store has an unfriendly, hostile atmosphere toward its customers. Shopping there is a totally unpleasant experience. We prefer to shop elsewhere.

@Anonymous

Yes, we have observed the same bad conduct on the part of the Edina, MN store employees. The men, in particular, seem to just stand around calling women customers filthy names as they pass by.

And when they see someone taking more than a piece or two of a free sample, they loudly run up behind the customer and rudely yell that they are "stealing" the free sample, and never to come back to the store. What an atrocious way to run a business!

And we, too, blame Benjamin Auerbach for running a most unpleasant, unfriendly store.

We will never go back and will spend our food dollars elsewhere.

@Anonymous

Whole Foods lost our business as well. We will not tolerate being abused by Whole Foods employees.

The Edina Whole Foods store should be closed permanently.

It is being very poorly run by low quality employees, including store manager Benjamin Auerbach. He should be arrested, jailed and fired.

Review
Last weekend i bought lots of fish and meat for the weekend and other vegetables to cook when i got home i found the fish to be smelly and rotten. The meat was old and had no flavor. I spent so much money and threw the food away. This market is conning people under...
AcaciaEnergyCares
Whole Foods Market Response

This is an anonymous complaint. Acacia Energy can't validate if this is a customer, nor can it do anything to resolve the issue without more information.

If you would like to get further assistance please call our corporate line at 855-447-2946 and select option 3. One of our executive team will personally handle your complaint in a timely manner.

Loss
To all Austin Texas employees : You are the most negative, rude, judgmental bunch I have ever encountered. I'm a very wealthy young gal that is constantly monitoring all the stores in Austin. I have witnessed many employees being rude to certain people and then...

helpotherwhohelpother

What does that have to do with anything? Sounds like you are a paid shill for the company. Helpyourmouthbyhelpingyourselftoshutupmaybe.

Review
I cannot believe the way I was treated by customers and staff during my shopping visit at Whole Foods Market in Swampscott, MA today. While shopping for greens in the produce section of this store, I was verbally attacked by one of the male customers ("Do you have...

Spirit Airlines doesn't care about the Customer or where he needs to go....

Forget about their Number one goal is MONEY HUNGRY BASTARDS.

Never Never I will use their services!

STaya away.

Update by user Mar 10, 2013

In response to comment my daughter was not a child she was actually over 18 at the time, she struggled for 3 years to pass that Ged test and I am proud to say has since passed it since this happened. And she herself denies licking her fingers and I believe her. I have...

Patrick

maybe there's a reason behind that? you're going to flip out over a Sub? calm down and find something else better to complain about.

Tags
  • Psychology
I have issues with trying to find new products I've seen advertised. This is a legitimate complaint. I see ads on Facebook, etc. but the kind of store that would normally carry such a product does not have the product when I look for it. I ask the store to order it...

This is not a legitimate complaint.

Large, publicly-owned stores carry specific products that teams of people have determined will sell well in that particular market. Shelf space in stores like Whole Foods is competitive, as is stockroom space.

They can only get products in by the case and cannot afford the space to hold onto the random leftovers that accrue when someone only wants one or two of an item that they do not regularly carry.

They also do not have the shelf space to merchandise said products as every available counter is planned in advance to hold specific items.

When a store says to "let them know" about new products, it means that when enough interest is generated, they will consider carrying that product. It is simply not feasible for a large store to make special orders for every random product their customers want. That is what Amazon is for.

As far as vendors giving away samples, I would be willing to place a large wager on the fact that Whole Foods, along with every other major retailer has specific policies in place which do not allow stores to receive samples from vendors, let alone sell them. Remember that Whole Foods is a publicly traded company and has to answer to investors, as well as the SEC.

Review
Twice in the last year I bought produce and so called fresh bread from the Whole Foods bakery. In each case the food I placed in the refrigerator turned moldy two days after I brought it home. I had to throw out entire loaves of bread and all the produce. The store...

I have had food from Whole Foods get moldy in an unreasonable amount of time, and I took the item back to the store along with my receipt, and was able to exchange it, no questions asked.

Freezing excess food helps, as does keeping a clean refrigerator.

You can always ask a Team Member to cut you have a loaf or to sell half a bunch of any item. You'll get charged half the price too! That should help reduce your wasted product.

Prudencio

There are no preservative in their foods. As much as it sucks, it's actually a good thing. Besides eating healthy, it teaches people to buy only what you need and nothing more.

Yeah, things get moldy when you don't use preservatives. That what selling natural foods is about. Freeze your *** and pull it out when you're ready to use it.

Review

Whole Foods Austin escalator broke multiple bones in my foot | Whole Foods Market review

Whole Foods Austin's Corporate 6th street store has a very uncomfortable and "unsafe feeling" escalator. You use it to access the parking garage You have to go on with your basket in front of you and it is very steep. Even when you go on without a basket, it feels like your going to slide down to the bottom. No one I spoke to likes it and they all feel unsafe. When I got to the bottom, instead of rolling off, front wheels stuck, the belt kept moving, I went up underneath back wheels and it came down on my foot. Broke 2 metatarsals, injured my hip, have been in physical therapy. Over 5 months later still recovering!

I am not from Austin, but I've been to the store mentioned above a couple of times. I found it safe enough.

I had no fear of falling or sliding down the thing. Of course, I didn't break my foot.