Show reviews that mention
whole foods store foods customer customer service food service employees customers manager
Filter review
Benjamin Auerbach and his filthy-mouthed staff are attacking, slandering, threatening and abusing senior citizens in the Edina, MN Whole Foods. If we eat a sample from the free samples that they put out, they immediately yell at us, saying that we are "stealing" the...

We are wondering just who the women-hating *** men are who prowl around the store harassing women shoppers. They have been busy stalking Whole Foods Edina shoppers ever since the store opened.

It is unsafe to shop there.

The store manager surely knows who they are, but does absolutely nothing to protect women shoppers. And beware the dishonest cashiers.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Last weekend i bought lots of fish and meat for the weekend and other vegetables to cook when i got home i found the fish to be smelly and rotten. The meat was old and had no flavor. I spent so much money and threw the food away. This market is conning people under...

your complaint is moot. you could have saved the receipt, called the store and let them know what was wrong, and they would have refunded you the next time you were there.

you are blowing things way out of proportion, attacking the entire company based of your bad experience.

get the golden spoon out of your mouth, and shut the *** up.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Loss
To all Austin Texas employees : You are the most negative, rude, judgmental bunch I have ever encountered. I'm a very wealthy young gal that is constantly monitoring all the stores in Austin. I have witnessed many employees being rude to certain people and then...

What a ridiculous letter. Whole Foods does NOT offer franchises, all stores are CORPORATE OWNED!!!

Austin, Texas

Whole Foods Market - A Most Demeaning and Infuriating Experience!

I cannot believe the way I was treated by customers and staff during my shopping visit at Whole Foods Market in Swampscott, MA today. While shopping for greens in the produce section of this store, I was verbally attacked by one of the male customers ("Do you have to touch everything here? I have to eat this food too!"). Immediately one of the produce stockers reprimanded me for making a mess of the vegetables which he had painstakingly arranged ("Do you realize how long it takes me to do this? Then you come along and mess everything up!"). After I told him that I was putting everything back, that I needed to look to select produce for quality, he remained agitated. "I've seen you in here before and you do that all the time!" Then another customer jumped into the scene to defend this stockperson, saying that I was being "unreasonable"! I then approached the manager of that department who defended the stockperson, saying that he always had the highest score for customer service. When I told him that I felt mistreated and felt the stockperson's "customer service" was off the deep end in the other direction, the manager did not even offer an apology. I asserted that I will never shop in his store again. To that, the manager repled "That's your perogative, ma'am." Needless to say, I will take my business elsewhere.

Bye. Go somewhere else.

People like you live to make store personnel miserable because you think you can. Glad you got told.

I am sorry but I find this very hard to believe. I have shopped at several W.F stores and have not one time ever seen this sort of behavior out of workers.

Some of the customers yes. Actually I would as well be cross at someone having to touch all over the produce. I know it washes off but still? We had at our local one someone one day with his bare hands touching all over the vegan chocolate chip cookies like some sort of disgusting animal.

That was really sick.

You can wash a cabbage, or spinach or some fruits but you can't with baked goods. I think some folks come in the stores just to be a real tool and provoke people.

Most of the produce team members at the location I shop at are potheads since Whole Foods doesn't drug test. They work really slow and although they do take the time to make the displays look nice, they're getting paid.

Paid more than the average wage of other produce clerks at chain supermarkets, the same produce clerks who work more efficiently than their Whole Foods counterparts. The department always has missing signage containing the produce items name, as well as the price. Price changes aren't properly made, or put into effect during the start of the business day, and are quotes different amounts throughout the business day. Proper prices and signage usually goes up during midday, sometimes not at all.

So if you shop early, you get overcharged. How do I know all of this? I work for Whole Foods and personally disagree with how things are run in the store and the lack of accountability. As for the customers, some are rude like the ones you've met, they have some sense of entitlement about them, and think it's cool to be seen shopping at Whole Foods, while others are friendly, nice people.

As for the team members being rude and the team leader or supervisor not caring, just go back, knock some produce on the floor and be on your way. God forbid they will have to do a little more work.

View more comments (2)
Service
Whole Foods Market Manager

Whole Foods Market - Whole Foods Humiliated My Daughter

Update by user Mar 10, 2013

In response to comment my daughter was not a child she was actually over 18 at the time, she struggled for 3 years to pass that Ged test and I am proud to say has since passed it since this happened. And she herself denies licking her fingers and I believe her.

I have never seen her eat that way. I think the manager was lying when they talked to him in response to my complaint.

Update by user Mar 07, 2013

I forgot to clarify though that the cereal was dumped loose in a big pile into the clear tub it was not already put into individually portioned sizes. She took what she wanted because there was no indication they cared how much she took and if they felt she had taken too much all they had to do was tell her nicely .

Original review posted by user Mar 07, 2013

My daughter was studying to get her Ged at the time due to a learning disability, and because we didn't have internet I would drop her off at the local whole foods near to where I worked with the laptop and she would spend the time studying then walk to visit me when she was done. They all knew her there and were kind to her or so I thought. I love health food and would shop there and buy what I could afford. They always offered free samples of food in large plastic tubs,and one day while there my daughter became hungry and took a handful of some cereal. The manager approached her like she was a criminal told her she had taken too much, threw her out of the store and told her to never come back. First of all the food is offered for free she did not steal it, secondly if he felt she took too much all he had to do was kindly explain to her how much he wanted her to take and she would have done it that way from them on. She came in to me crying and I went back to the store hoping to talk to someone and get an apology instead the same manager approached me and was rude and disrespectful. Saying she deserved it because she had "taken a whole handful I can't have that she is out" he said He then proceeded to threatened to kick me out of the store too.I put in a complaint against him and when they called me about it the woman sounded snobby and claimed thatthe manager said my daugher had been licking her fingers which is not true she never eats that way and that they were only sorry because she was learning disabled(in other words they thought she was too *** to know any better and she is not ***). She went on to defend his behavior and told me that he had every right to throw a customer out of the store for taking too much free food ! Amazingly arrogant behavior to two customers over something so trivial . We will never go back there. I buy my health food elsewhere.

Interesting that you blatantly state you can't/wont shop there yet it is a perfect place to drop your teenager off to loiter.. Sounds like you did them a favor by never "shopping" there again :)

You do not need internet to study for a ged.I just went to the libary and took out the book and studied that way.She could have also used internet at the libary.They were probably looking for an excuse to kick her out because she was there everyday which the free wi fi is only meant for paying customers.Your daughter took advantage of that.She probably was eating on the free samples all the time she was there.If they allowed that then no one would pay and just sit there and eat all day,like your daughter did.

A sample is to take a taste so you decide if you should buy the product, not to feed a person you dumped off at a grocery store to use the internet. Sorry to seem callus, no sympathy for this complaint. Use the library

It is a business not a daycare for adults or kids. 'Nuff said.

Why are people always lying on here? Really isn't there anything better to do on the internet?

As much as tolerance comes to mind when one thinks of Whole Foods, remember that they cater to a certain clientele. Not to make any assumptions about your financial situation other than what you have provided, but Whole Foods can charge as much as they do because they attract people who can afford to pay those prices. They have an image of exclusivity to maintain.

So kind of you to drop your "learning disabled" child off at the Whole Foods to be BABYSAT for free. I also love parents who say, "Oh, my child would NEVER do that!" but were not even there when the alleged behavior took place.

Your child also should have been taught to use the scoop and plastic cup provided for sanitary dispensing of bulk products at Whole Foods. Oh, wait...this "learning disabled" child had no parental supervision!

View more comments (5)
Orlando, Florida
Service
Whole Foods Market Manager

Whole Foods Market - Unable to find new products in stores

I have issues with trying to find new products I've seen advertised. This is a legitimate complaint. I see ads on Facebook, etc. but the kind of store that would normally carry such a product does not have the product when I look for it. I ask the store to order it for me. I have done this multiple times (mainly Whole Foods) and they mainly say they cannot get everything as there is no room to store it, AND that they could special order only if I were to buy a whole case of the product. I am unable to afford a huge amount like a case at one time. I even saw a sign in the store saying to let them know if there is an innovative new product. Yet when a customer specifically asks them to order a product, the store personnel are less than helpful and give me excuses. I think if a customer goes to all the trouble to ask for a new product, the store might realize that the customer will be buying it in the future and so might try harder to get the product in. I'd prefer to buy the product in a local store but if ordering online, as stated in a previous review, I'd also like to have my own choice of shipping, as in even if I had to pay more I'd be willing to do so for convenience and less delay. But I digress. So far the product I am interested in buying has not advised about online purchasing. I just want to be able to pick up small amounts at a time - not huge bulk purchases. After all, if the product is new, I'd think the manufacturer/marketers should be interested in promoting it by giving samples, giving info online (FB etc.) about where to get it, etc. If it was in the store, more people than just me would be exposed to it also, and make it worthwhile for the store to carry it. What's the use of advertising if a customer cannot FIND it or has a difficult time finding it. Another problem was that the store DID carry another particular few items for a brief period, then stopped, and though I was looking for these and would continue to buy them, they never got any back in and gave me the same excuses as above. Marketing needs to try harder to help consumers easily find a product they are looking for. Isn't this the whole point of advertising/marketing?

This is not a legitimate complaint.

Large, publicly-owned stores carry specific products that teams of people have determined will sell well in that particular market. Shelf space in stores like Whole Foods is competitive, as is stockroom space.

They can only get products in by the case and cannot afford the space to hold onto the random leftovers that accrue when someone only wants one or two of an item that they do not regularly carry.

They also do not have the shelf space to merchandise said products as every available counter is planned in advance to hold specific items.

When a store says to "let them know" about new products, it means that when enough interest is generated, they will consider carrying that product. It is simply not feasible for a large store to make special orders for every random product their customers want. That is what Amazon is for.

As far as vendors giving away samples, I would be willing to place a large wager on the fact that Whole Foods, along with every other major retailer has specific policies in place which do not allow stores to receive samples from vendors, let alone sell them. Remember that Whole Foods is a publicly traded company and has to answer to investors, as well as the SEC.

Walnut Creek, California
Twice in the last year I bought produce and so called fresh bread from the Whole Foods bakery. In each case the food I placed in the refrigerator turned moldy two days after I brought it home. I had to throw out entire loaves of bread and all the produce. The store...

I have had food from Whole Foods get moldy in an unreasonable amount of time, and I took the item back to the store along with my receipt, and was able to exchange it, no questions asked.

Freezing excess food helps, as does keeping a clean refrigerator.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Whole Foods Market - Whole Foods Austin escalator broke multiple bones in my foot

Whole Foods Austin's Corporate 6th street store has a very uncomfortable and "unsafe feeling" escalator. You use it to access the parking garage You have to go on with your basket in front of you and it is very steep. Even when you go on without a basket, it feels like your going to slide down to the bottom. No one I spoke to likes it and they all feel unsafe. When I got to the bottom, instead of rolling off, front wheels stuck, the belt kept moving, I went up underneath back wheels and it came down on my foot. Broke 2 metatarsals, injured my hip, have been in physical therapy. Over 5 months later still recovering!

I am not from Austin, but I've been to the store mentioned above a couple of times. I found it safe enough.

I had no fear of falling or sliding down the thing. Of course, I didn't break my foot.

Austin, Texas

Whole Foods Market - Whole Foods

I absolutely love shopping at Whole Foods. Every time I walk in to the store it is clean, the food is fresh and the employees are friendly and helpful. The main things naysayers have against Whole Foods is that it is expensive, and it can be, but the food quality is unmatched by other grocers. The meat, bakery, and the seafood department are always stocked with the freshest food, and the never short on variety. In fact, I have found some great deals at Whole Foods. These deals are the typical sales of $2-$5 but you can still find savings in the store if you look. I am not vegan or a culinary expert, I just like good food, and clean shopping environment. If you can provide that, then you have my business, and Whole Foods, you have my business.
Isreal E

I love Whole Foods! Their produce isn't always PERFECT for the higher prices they charge, but it's my go-to for hard-to-find health food products and nuts and other whole foods in bulk. The customer service and shopping experience is amazing as well!

I need to check out some of the coupons suggested by buyerbeware!

Shelley F

Just A Suggestion: If you haven't already done this: You should sign up for their email newsletter. They will send you coupons you can print at home (only usable @ Whole Foods).

This helps keep the cost lower - some of these are for their own 365 line of products which is really a good deal. I Luv Whole Foods!!!

View more comments (1)
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Whole Foods Market - Tofurkey Italian Sausage

Okay, I am a vegetarian who rarely eats "Faux Meats" because of they taste plastic and are phonier than Victoria Osteen. I had read several reviews on Tofurkey Italian Sausage, and they were mixed reviews. I have a really hard time digesting meat. Eating real meat (which I miss so much) becomes a very painful experience which sometimes lasts for days. I was really craving italian sausage and decided to give Tofurkey a try. OMG! It was so *** gross! It tasted like something that you hurl up after a night of hard drinking. It tasted of plastic and chemicals. Thank God Whole Foods Market refunded my money with no questions asked. The cashier who did the refund said she is a vegan and won't touch that "alien vomit". LOL!

Tofurky, in general, is an excellent brand. They do not use hexane and some of their tofu & wheat gluten mix products are actually quite good.

If you are looking for the best "Italian Sausage", then try the "Field Roast" brand. It is wheat gluten based and by far the best Italian Sausage.

#219547

Alien vomit tastes like the Tofurkey Italian Sausage then all I can say is that alien vomit tastes pretty *** good.

I suggest that everyone who is interested try it for themselves. It cannot compete with "real" sausage, but for those of us who have made the transition to vegan and still desire some of flavor of "meat" this is pretty darn good. At least nothing dies when an alien vomits.

View more comments (1)
ID
#190187 Review #190187 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Deer Park, Texas